About the Job
- Must be available to work weekdays and weekends.
- Must be available to work an alternating schedule between mornings and evenings.
- Greet incoming and departing guests warmly with a genuine smile and eye contact; escort them to assigned dining area; putting them on a waiting list as necessary; announce waiter’s name
- Provide guests with menus and answering any initial questions.
- Seating guests at tables or in waiting areas.
- Assigning guests to tables they prefer, while keeping table rotation in mind so that servers receive the right number of customers.
- Engaging with guests to ensure they’re happy with food and service.
- Responding to complaints and helping to resolve them.
- Answering phone calls, taking reservations and answering questions.
- A knowledge of the menu.
- Helping out with other positions in the restaurant as needed.
- Providing great customer service.
- Ability to provide top notch customer service in a fast-paced environment.
- A positive attitude and ability to work well under pressure with all restaurant staff.
- Performs high-quality work while unsupervised.
- Willing to follow instructions and ask questions for clarification if needed.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Able to work in a standing position for long periods of time.
- Able to safely lift and easily maneuver trays of food when necessary.
- Able to handle money accurately and operate a point-of-sale system.
- Able to work in a busy restaurant environment.
- Restaurant experience a plus, but not required.
ShiftPixy is an Equal Opportunity Employer EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disability and a drug free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veterans’ status, or any other characteristics protected by law. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, ShiftPixy complies with the laws and regulations outlined in the EEO is The Law poster. https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf