Job Type: Part Time
Schedule: Fri. Mon. Sat. Sun. Thurs. Tues. Wed.
Pay Rate: $15/hr
Benefits: Dental Medical
Start Date: Immediately
Location: Anaheim CA
About the Job
We are seeking a Prep Cook to prepare cooking ingredients by washing and chopping vegetables, cutting meat etc. Undertake basic cooking duties such as reducing sauces, parboiling food etc. Prepare simple dishes such as salads, entrees etc. Maintain a clean and orderly kitchen by washing dishes, sanitizing surfaces, taking out trash etc.
- Open Availability: 8AM-10PM
- Night Shift: 3PM- 10PM and 3PM-11PM
- Clean work areas, equipment, utensils, dishes, and silverware.
- Store food in designated containers and storage areas to prevent spoilage.
- Prepare a variety of foods according to supervisors’ instructions, following approved procedures.
- Place food trays over food warmers for immediate service or store them in refrigerated storage cabinets.
- Inform supervisors when supplies are getting low or equipment is not working properly.
- Weigh or measure ingredients.
- Assist cooks and kitchen staff with various tasks as needed and provide cooks with needed items.
- Wash, peel and/or cut various foods to prepare for cooking or serving
- Receive and store food supplies, equipment, and utensils in refrigerators, cupboards, and other storage areas.
- Stock cupboards and refrigerators.
- Remove trash and clean kitchen garbage containers.
- Carry food supplies, equipment, and utensils to and from storage and work areas.
- Use manual and/or electric appliances to clean, peel, slice, and trim foods.
- Keep records of the quantities of food used.
- Mix ingredients for potato salads, cornbread, macaroni & cheese, yams and greens.
- US work authorization (Required)
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- A food handler card or permit is required
- Must be able to stand long hours
- Chopping and Cutting
- Pushing and pulling
- Must be able to lift 50lbs.
- Food Handler Certification (Preferred)
ShiftPixy is an Equal Opportunity Employer EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disability and a drug free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veterans’ status, or any other characteristics protected by law. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, ShiftPixy complies with the laws and regulations outlined in the EEO is The Law poster. https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf